Author Topic: Firestorm  (Read 375 times)

Upyours

Firestorm
« on: March 25, 2019, 08:22:48 PM »
Loving it, and it's about time, BFV needed this.

CannonFodderno

Re: Firestorm
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 07:06:32 PM »
Have only played a couple of squad and solo attempts. I'm not familiar with battle royal at all so I don't really know how to approach this.
I find it difficult to have fun with it atm. I'm mostly looking for ammo and then get shot.
Cannon Fodder / Erno
=======================
War has never been so much....fun!

Darth_Illithid

• AMG Admin
  • Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 09:32:41 AM »
I like it too, at least i'm playing with all kind of guns and sights now. Have won 1 time till now :p.
"To put out the myriad suns―to darken the light."
— Illithid race-wide resolution

http://bf1stats.com/pc/Darth_Illithid

CannonFodderno

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2019, 06:40:47 PM »
Well, please explain how to approach this. For me it is; find stuff, run into someone and die. Three steps that is basically it. I spent more time loading the game and looking for stuff than I really see fun action.
Cannon Fodder / Erno
=======================

Darth_Illithid

• AMG Admin
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 02:36:27 PM »
Well... im trying to avoid enemies, almost till the end. Im playing solo mode, dont like the squad version so much.

Im parachuting to locations where the least number of players parachute (almost till the end of flight of planes).
Just find something useful to you in first few houses, and then (depends of a number of enemies in your location) go for rarer ones, or start to stealth almost all time and position well, predict future rings of fire, afterfirst one starts and place yourself well, so you dont have to run a lot.
Also when i see 2 people shooting at each other, just wait till 1 is dead and then quick attack the other one before he can heal..

Sound is very important, you nead to hear every move and dont make any sound when moving.
Stealth is absolute priority, so my "rat style" is finaly useful :D. This gets me to a great real war story, that has a lot of common with Firestorm:

!!!(You know the story of Carlos Norman Hathcock nicknamed "White Feather"? - A USMC Vietnam War Sniper Crawled for 3 Days Across 2000m of Open Field, Killed NVA General With One Shot, Then Crawled Back.. the enemy was looking for him, they did step on him few times, but did not notice him..)!!!

If you want better chance of rare weapons, picture in attachment, but everyone is going there.. i have won 2x till now... a lot of times been second or third, and my experience is that you really dont need the best weapons, except Artillery Strike - one of best things when ring of fire is small and few number of enemies are left.

And this is about how I play.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 03:29:22 PM by Darth_Mozog »

CannonFodderno

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2019, 03:46:52 PM »
Awesome. Thanks. Will give it another chance. It maybe good to get into the game. Or early morning during some coffee :)
We had more luck in other games modes with the AMG squad yesterday. Perhaps it must grow on me.
Cannon Fodder / Erno
=======================

Darth_Illithid

• AMG Admin
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2019, 01:19:45 PM »
So guys, who is playing solo mode and how many wins did you get :p?

My 7th victory was achieved this weekend, i have won 2 games in a row lol, was so happy.

CannonFodderno

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2019, 11:36:51 AM »
Never won anything and no longer playing it. I put some time in it, a couple of rounds, but its just not my thing.
I lack the skills to ever win a match there. The strategy that worked best for me was just to lay still and move as little as possible. Made it to 8th position that way.
But that is boring as hell.

As soon as I move, I get shot. When I spot an enemy, I get shot. When I hear an enemy, I get shot.

Its just not my game.
Cannon Fodder / Erno
=======================

Phage

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2019, 03:15:43 PM »
30mins loading
30 secs playing
:(

DangerSandwich(ham)

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2019, 08:55:58 PM »
Hi All,

only two solo wins and one team win.

Danger

Darth_Illithid

• AMG Admin
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2019, 10:50:38 PM »
Finaly someone :) Have to play it again soon, best mode in bf5. Now im stuck in 7 solo victories, 0 squad victories (never played it). But you have to be in mood for it, to sneak and infiltrate all map...and the frustration got killed in some bad way after 15 minutes :D, or even when you just touch the ground sometimes from parachute..

DangerSandwich(ham)

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2019, 08:45:47 PM »
hi Darth,

me and deputy dogs play FS all the time, we could do more squad runs.

Danger

Darth_Illithid

• AMG Admin
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2019, 02:49:28 PM »
Agreed.

Wolveuz

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2019, 06:00:05 PM »
Haven't played it a lot, I have the same experience as CannonFodderno.
But if you guys will hook up in the game, let me know, and I would gladly join ;-)

Neox

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2019, 06:08:22 PM »
Well I was a bit cynical of firestorm when it first dropped into bfv but you know what ? I a actually don't mind it - it's quite fun  in its own way. And makes a nice change from the chaotic game play of conquest. I haven't played firestorm for a while but willing to give it a go one evening this week.

Battlefield Recruitment Officer