Author Topic: The AMG BF1 event server  (Read 35 times)

CannonFodderno

The AMG BF1 event server
« on: August 14, 2019, 06:34:07 PM »
Hi all,

As stated in the thread we are going to host an "event server" on the 6th of september.
Thanks to those who voted the poll. It helps to narrow down what we want to play.

The results of the poll are:
Team Deathmatch 5 (26.3%)
Rush 4 (21.1%)
Domination 3 (15.8%)
Operations 3 (15.8%)
Frontlines 3 (15.8%)
Shock Operations 1 (5.3%)

War Pigeons 0 (0%)
Supply Drop 0 (0%)
Air Assault 0 (0%)

So, the latter three will not be hosted on our event server. The first event will be a TDM as that seems the most popular alternative game mode.

Couple of things we need to get this going:
- We need a flyer to spam around with.
If I recall correctly UKRatman volunteered to make one. If not let me know I can cook something up if needed.
- We need to rent a server that can be found.
Renting a server will not be an issue as it has been done before. But making sure it can be found may be a different matter. For some reason the server we had for the last scrimm had issues and people had to join using the orinin friend list. Anyone know what's up with that?

I will make a discort channel for the event server in the clan area so we can chitchat there too.

Kind regards,
Erno
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 06:40:04 PM by CannonFodderno »
Cannon Fodder / Erno
=======================
War has never been so much....fun!

Neox

Re: The AMG BF1 event server
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 07:54:16 PM »
Thanks Erno for taking this forward. Count me in  8)

Renting a server will not be an issue as it has been done before. But making sure it can be found may be a different matter. For some reason the server we had for the last scrimm had issues and people had to join using the orinin friend list. Anyone know what's up with that?
Kind regards,
Erno

That shouldn't be a problem. Why the match server on sunday couldn't be found was a bit of a mystery but I wouldnt worry too much about it as all rented servers be it conquest, tdm etc will appear on the server browser. Lets just put that down to a temp glitch :)

Battlefield Recruitment Officer

Wolveuz

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 06:23:19 PM »
Just for my information : What is the cost of renting a server actually?

Strider

• AMG Leader
  • If people are talking behind your back, just fart
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 09:12:00 AM »
For BF1, as far as I know...about £3 for 24 hours, £35 for a month and £70 for 3 months.....all contributions gratefully received..:)
Holding on to grudges is like taking poison expecting the other person to die !

Wolveuz

« Reply #4 on: Today at 11:10:31 AM »
 Ok, let me have a view in the donation section  ;)