Author Topic: Recon/Sniper class....it must be an art  (Read 705 times)

CannonFodderno

Recon/Sniper class....it must be an art
« on: January 18, 2019, 09:33:02 AM »
Hi all,

I've been playing bfv for quite some hours and I seem to fare well in most classes. One class remains problematic for me.
This class is Recon/Sniper.

Are there any AMG members that specialize in this class or are good at it? I'd be happy to move along with you and maybe learn something here.
I'm obviously doing things wrong when it comes to positioning and finding targets.

My average game of recon goes something like this;
1) Find a place to be
2) Look for targets
3) Gets shot before being able to distinguish rocks from trees  :'(
4) Repeat from 1

Let me know if  you'd like to help me out here with a crash course on recon.

Thanks!

Offline Strider

• Community Player
  • If people are talking behind your back, just fart
    • Darkstrider99
Re: Recon/Sniper class....it must be an art
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 09:47:03 AM »
lol....my game exactly as Recon/sniper. If you learn anything, Erno, please can you pass it along. I'm not sure how they see me so quickly although I think it might be that flashing red light on my helmet...:)
Holding on to grudges is like taking poison expecting the other person to die !

Phage

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 11:14:58 AM »
Same here. I find that the best way is to grind to the spawn beacon.
With that, you can keep re-appearing behind enemy lines and spot them for your team with the scope. (VERY useful in BFV). NB - the beacon is on a timer. each time you use it, look behind you to ensure that it still there. If not, place it again.

Don't bother with the flare pistol unless they have buffed it recently. Useless thing - keep the scope.

Rifles are personal choice - but I find that I get most points not from shooting, but by the support activities. The fifles are so loud they are a dead giveaway. I tend to run around with a pistol, and just take to occasional pot-shot when I think I'm clear. Then MOVE immediately afterwards, otherwise I'm dead immediately.

Just my 0.02

Phage

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2019, 03:58:00 PM »
UPDATE: They have buffed the flare pistol and it can be useful in CQB maps like Rotterdam or Arras. You only get 2 shells max though. In bigger maps, stay with the scope.