Author Topic: Something Amazing Just Happened.  (Read 113 times)

NorT

• AMG Admin
  • The only thing I do with women is disappoint them
Something Amazing Just Happened.
« on: August 28, 2019, 09:41:12 PM »
Ok so...while i write this i have tears in my eyes.

For those of you who dont know. I am or was more or less disabled. I have Nerve damage in both hands due to a racing accident i had when i was young.

Ive been trying to get back into it for years but my hands just could not do it. Endurance races they would give up and i would regularly drive 1 handed and retire cos i get nerve pain. Anyway one night at work (i work in a bar) this lady is the only person in. We get talking and we discuss her job my job...etc...for like 4 hours...(Nobody came in it was like a Monday Night) and she asks what my dream was i explain what happened and she started questioning me about how much it all costs. My wages after rent,electricity,food etc whatevers left be it £10 or £200 is stashed away in a savings account to find my race in a karting championship called DMAX for 2020 its essentially my first fortay back in racing since 2016 when i had to give up half way through the race cos my hands gave up the ghost.

I explained about how i got my helmet done heres the pics
Back (6 is my lucky number) https://gyazo.com/0737c5ebc5d903f4c3cd28a909fc98d5
Front (my surname is Mitchinson i get called Mitch or Mitchy from work colleagues and friends) https://gyazo.com/820202c77a62cc2caf1e741b89005a6e
Right side (is the Saragon Customs who painted it i asked her to put her logo on it for me as a thank you) https://gyazo.com/ae16ce653a0a00c91536b2de157692f6
Left Side (is Sir Daniel Fortesque as i grew up with Medievil) https://gyazo.com/5de62de2e8ecfbe11664faf32d42a854

Anyway she asked me how much my suit would cost a proper custom made one. Not the piece of crap ebay version i have now cos it was cheap. With Gloves it would cost £450 Now as a man who's wages are all over the place 450 quid to me is a HELL OF A LOT and would take probably a year to save up for considering as well my money is going to DMAX races next year.

She just facebook'd me 5 minutes ago saying its paid. She has literally paid 450 quid for someone she met in a bar because she saw passion and a person who is fighting like crazy to achieve something in his life. (her words not mine) I am in tears because im so thankful to her for this. To others this maybe seen as a silly thing to do or just a racing suit but this is something ive dreamt of since i was 3 years old watching the 1995 british grand prix and being literally glued to the tv screen and turning to my dad and just saying "I want to do that"

There is nice people out there.

NorT
I like shouting Daddy in a sexy voice at strangers just to scare them.

Neox

Re: Something Amazing Just Happened.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 11:03:50 PM »
Wow . That's an amazing gesture . Great to hear stories like this.

Battlefield Recruitment Officer

Ant3_9AS

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 01:33:29 PM »
Wow! Congratz mate :) This is one of those stores you see on Youtube or just read about never confirmed... There are alot of good people out there in this flipp out world we live in after all. Wish you will reach your goal and beyond!
Is it ok for you if I'll copy/paste this story public on FB? Cause this is the kind of news I'd like to see more of in my Daily feed.

NorT

• AMG Admin
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2019, 08:09:41 PM »
go for it.

DangerSandwich(ham)

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 09:15:10 AM »
Wow Nort,

That is awesome, I certainly hope you get what you want and get back racing.

never let clouds hamper your dreams - Danger Sandwich cira 2019.

you will have to show us the new outfit once it arrives.

Danger

NorT

• AMG Admin
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 04:00:53 PM »
Deal :)