Author Topic: Wrongfully banned from the frontlines server  (Read 123 times)

Wrongfully banned from the frontlines server
« on: June 12, 2019, 02:06:45 PM »
Hello everyone,

yesterday I got banned from your frontlines server and I do not really know why. My scores where pretty good but there were no hackusations or anything like that beforehand. There were some AMG members on the server before (darkstrider99, deadmoney00 and darth_mozog), so I guess one of them decided that I was cheating. I never cheated in my life, I think it is disgusting. I have a youtube channel on which I upload some bf1 clips and highlights from time to time. Actually have gameplay from the rounds I have played yesterday on your server.

Video of the Sinai desert round: Video of the amiens round: Video of the ballroom blitz round (where I got banned):
I have more than 100 bf1 videos on that channel that (somwhat) proof too that I am not hacking. Besides domination, frontlines is my favourite mode and this is practically the only active server at that moment so I would be really happy if you could have a look in my case and unban me.

Thx in advance.

Neox

Re: Wrongfully banned from the frontlines server
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 02:13:50 PM »
Hi Thunfischdose. Thanks for your informative post in regards to your unban appeal .I wasn't the admin who banned you but i am sure The banning admin will be in touch shortly and they will review your ban.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 02:21:49 PM by Neox »

Battlefield Recruitment Officer

orlp

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 07:22:02 PM »
Hey Thunfischdose18, I was the admin that made the final call to ban you. This was based on evidence presented to me from the map before the one you were banned on:
In particular, I found it very suspicious at 1:10 that you suddenly decided against reviving, at 1:36 you started aiming on a guy behind a house and some wooden objects but most importantly at 2:40 you seemingly randomly decide to wait for a very long time for people that (to my knowledge) are not visible to you.

At 4:30 you also seem to be reacting to an enemy behind a wall, and at 5:56 you shoot through a bunch of smoke and flare obstructions. Finally in general you seemed to have very high visibility of enemies as well, even if just a tiny bit is showing (and this is a pretty dark map) you would notice them.

However this is just a 720p recording of someone spectating, which is very far from optimal. Would you happen to have a video of this map from your perspective like you do for the other maps? It's very possible that I've made a mistake, and this would help clear up confusion. From the videos you've posted you do seem to be just a good player with awareness.

Phage

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 09:00:18 PM »
Based on the footage above it looks pretty clear cut.

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 10:14:21 PM »
1:10 Why shouldnt I know that there is an enemy, my squad mate died right in front of me by a shotgun (you can hear the sound). Do not want to stand in the open with a syringe in my hand. So I know that there is a shotgun user right around the corner. Pushing him would be pretty dumb with the farquahr so I decide to preaim.
1:36 Simple explanation: he was marked on the minimap. 1:42 If I am a wallhacker why should I be suprised that this guy is still right around the corner. I thought that he went in to that building, the reason why I nearly died there.
2:40 at first you can hear a medic shooting from that general direction and then you can hear and see the pistol shots coming from the direction I was looking at. And my squad mate died at that position so I know that there are enemies. Even if did not knew that there are enemies I would still have waited at that position because it is a good head glitch spot and I know that they spawn over there. Something to think about: Why did I not preaim the guy coming on the right at 2:49?
4:30 you can clearly see the assault guy and how he goes in that corner. Again: if I was a wallhacker why was I suprised that there is a second support guy who nearly kills me?
5:56 Sorry, dont want to sound rude but at this point I think you are desperately trying to find anything. You can cleary see how I struggle to see through the FRIENDLY flare (so the guy is even marked on the minimap). I just blindly fired through the flare until I got a hitmarker, then I knew where he was.
From the videos you've posted you do seem to be just a good player with awareness.
So you are telling me that I played the first and second round without hacks, then turned on hacks in the third round and after that turned them off again? Doesnt make much sense to me.
IF I was wallhacking I would really have a pretty bad situational awareness and would use that wallhack pretty ineffectively. For example why did I not know at 0:04 that death_mazorg is in front of me? 3:36 Why didnt I know that ther was one guy coming on the left. I overlooked the guy that I killed at 3:44 multiple times. Why? 5:07 why did I stare at that angle for so long? If I would be using esp I would have known that there is no guy coming. I knew that there were two guys in that general area because I died there a few seconds ago, so I just speculated. 5:31 I ran right past an enemy that I kill a few seconds later (I was only able to detect him beacuse of the flare). 6:50 Would a bad player with wallhack check his corners even when there is nobody? I dont think so.
To summarize all the situations you pointed out are explainable with looking at the minimap, spawn knowledge, sound and overall good situational awareness.
(Quick tip: you can increase the brigthness to see better on dark maps)

NOTE: There is even evidence that the guy was marked at 1:36. I am no expert in the spectator mode but I think the spectator can only see the red circle above the enemies if they are marked. Look closely how it disappears at 1:39. At 1:57 I am marking the enemy mortar guy and then the circle pops up.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 10:35:01 PM by Thunfischdose18 »

Upyours

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 10:45:07 PM »
I watched all the videos and I think thunfischdose is telling the truth, most payers he hit were already marked, and not many players that hack really come on the forum and ask why, just my 2p

orlp

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2019, 02:03:54 AM »
1:10 Why shouldnt I know that there is an enemy, my squad mate died right in front of me by a shotgun (you can hear the sound). Do not want to stand in the open with a syringe in my hand. So I know that there is a shotgun user right around the corner. Pushing him would be pretty dumb with the farquahr so I decide to preaim.
1:36 Simple explanation: he was marked on the minimap. 1:42 If I am a wallhacker why should I be suprised that this guy is still right around the corner. I thought that he went in to that building, the reason why I nearly died there.
2:40 at first you can hear a medic shooting from that general direction and then you can hear and see the pistol shots coming from the direction I was looking at. And my squad mate died at that position so I know that there are enemies. Even if did not knew that there are enemies I would still have waited at that position because it is a good head glitch spot and I know that they spawn over there. Something to think about: Why did I not preaim the guy coming on the right at 2:49?
4:30 you can clearly see the assault guy and how he goes in that corner. Again: if I was a wallhacker why was I suprised that there is a second support guy who nearly kills me?
5:56 Sorry, dont want to sound rude but at this point I think you are desperately trying to find anything. You can cleary see how I struggle to see through the FRIENDLY flare (so the guy is even marked on the minimap). I just blindly fired through the flare until I got a hitmarker, then I knew where he was.
From the videos you've posted you do seem to be just a good player with awareness.
So you are telling me that I played the first and second round without hacks, then turned on hacks in the third round and after that turned them off again? Doesnt make much sense to me.
IF I was wallhacking I would really have a pretty bad situational awareness and would use that wallhack pretty ineffectively. For example why did I not know at 0:04 that death_mazorg is in front of me? 3:36 Why didnt I know that ther was one guy coming on the left. I overlooked the guy that I killed at 3:44 multiple times. Why? 5:07 why did I stare at that angle for so long? If I would be using esp I would have known that there is no guy coming. I knew that there were two guys in that general area because I died there a few seconds ago, so I just speculated. 5:31 I ran right past an enemy that I kill a few seconds later (I was only able to detect him beacuse of the flare). 6:50 Would a bad player with wallhack check his corners even when there is nobody? I dont think so.
To summarize all the situations you pointed out are explainable with looking at the minimap, spawn knowledge, sound and overall good situational awareness.
(Quick tip: you can increase the brigthness to see better on dark maps)

NOTE: There is even evidence that the guy was marked at 1:36. I am no expert in the spectator mode but I think the spectator can only see the red circle above the enemies if they are marked. Look closely how it disappears at 1:39. At 1:57 I am marking the enemy mortar guy and then the circle pops up.

>  Sorry, dont want to sound rude but at this point I think you are desperately trying to find anything.

I'm simply stating my reasons why I believed you were hacking. It's not personal.

> So you are telling me that I played the first and second round without hacks, then turned on hacks in the third round and after that turned them off again?

No, I was telling you that I was considering changing my mind.

With the context of the other recordings and looking at it a bit closer I don't think there's enough evidence to keep you banned, so I've unbanned you. It would've been nice if you also had the recording of that round just so we can compare and learn to better distinguish hackers from legitimate players. It's actually really difficult sometimes considering how poor the spectate function in BF1 is.

Darth_Illithid

• AMG Admin
  • Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2019, 10:57:50 AM »
Hi Thunfischdose18, do not be offended, we are trying to do our best, spectator mode is so tricky. As you can see, you can request to be unbanned, most of time it works.
As Upyours said, cheaters almost never visit our forum and request to be unbanned.
Lately there were a lot of cheaters on our servers, so we can be more paranoid now :) and we are more suscpicious about players.
It is very good that you have videos of your Battlefield games, it is more easier for us to remove you from banlist.
Btw, i have always brightness set to 100 on Prise de Tahure or Nivelle nights and i was looking at the minimap when watched the video, i also spectated you for few minutes (then i have gone to shop...)

Be welcome on our servers.

Best regards.

Daniel
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 11:08:06 AM by Darth_Mozog »
"To put out the myriad suns―to darken the light."
— Illithid race-wide resolution

http://bf1stats.com/pc/Darth_Illithid

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2019, 12:05:53 PM »
Hello,

thank you very much for the unban! Sadly I do not have any gameplay of that specific round because I am using a recording tool that always records in the background, however, I have to actively save it or it will get deleted. Did not get any clips or killstreaks in that round and therefore did not save the gameplay. However, the mentioned points in my previous post should be enough to proof that I am not cheating. I am sorry if I was a bit annoyed yesterday. Too often I have encountered badmins that will just ban good players without any reason so they can team stack with their platoon and only play against lower skilled players. So I was a little bit biased, sorry for that! Especially in older games that doesnt have countless of full servers, these bans really hurt.

I know that the spectator mode is not the best, but for esps, I think this is a really helpful tip to detect if the enemy was already spotted or if the suspect really couldnt know that there was an enemy. So keep this in mind for the future.

Best of luck for your servers and community. I will definitely keep supporting them.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 12:09:14 PM by Thunfischdose18 »

WaZZaL3g3nD

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2019, 02:03:21 PM »
Hi Thunfischdose18,we give our best to keep the servers clean from cheaters and toxic players.Mistakes can be happen sometimes.Thank you for your understanding and for your support as well.You are always welcome on our servers.See you and take care.   :D
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 02:10:19 PM by WaZZaL3g3nD »